- This event has passed.
Embrace AI And Prepare For The Future | Webinar on AI
July 29 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The financial industry knows all to well that Artificial intelligence (AI) is rapidly transforming the sector. AI enables the use of alternative data in credit decisions, risk management, fraud prevention, process automation and banking customization. The World Savings Banking Institute (WSBI) and the Centre for Finance, Technology and Education (CFTE) are co-organizing a webinar that provides some insight on the power of AI and showcases how AI has changed the banking landscape.
- Welcome message by WSBI
- Introduction by Centre for Finance, Technology and Education (CFTE)
- Presentation on the current state of AI in finance globally by Mr Huy Nguyen Trieu, Co-Founder, Centre for Finance, Technology and Education (CFTE) (20mins)
- Case study of real-life implementation & use of AI in a bank by Shameek Kundu, Head of FS & Chief Strategy Officer at Truera and Former Chief Data Officer at Standard Chartered (15mins)
- Q&A (15mins)
- Mr Huy Nguyen Trieu, Co-Founder of the Centre for Finance, Technology and Education (CFTE): An MIT engineer by background, an entrepreneur by nature, and more generally a “big picture” person, Huy Nguyen Trieu has led Citibank, RBS, SocGen as Managing Director through many large scale Fintech ventures. As a leader in the Fintech world, Huy also dedicates to teaching and preparing the next generation for digital finance as a Fellow at Oxford and Fintech Advisor at the World Economic Forum.
- Shameek Kundu, Head Of Financial Services and Chief Strategy Officer at Truera | Former Group Chief Data Officer at Standard Chartered: Shameek heads the Financial Services vertical at Truera, a startup dedicated to building trust in Artificial Intelligence. He also sits on Responsible AI public/ private groups at the Bank of England/ FCA, the OECD Global Partnership on AI and the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Until the end of 2020, he was Group Chief Data Officer at Standard Chartered, having played that role since 2014. He has also been CIO of Enterprise Functions (managing a $500m, 2500 person team) and Head of Innovation at the bank. On top of it all, he is truly passionate about all things data.