Badge of completion
With this online course, you will:
- Understand the current state and potential of quantum technologies in the financial services sector
- Differentiate between the three main areas of quantum computing development: optimisation, simulation, and machine learning
- Understand the advantage of solving complex mathematical problems in finance faster and more efficiently with quantum computing
- Recognize key financial institutions that are pioneering the adoption of quantum computing solutions
- Anticipate the trajectory and implications of quantum technologies' adoption in Finance, as machines and algorithms evolve
Optimization and Simulation
Quantum Computing and Financial Services
The three main areas of development for quantum computing in financial services are optimisation, simulation, and machine learning. Optimisation and simulation are already in use in the financial sector, but the machine learning aspect is still in its early stages.
Key Players in Quantum Computing Applied to Financial Services
The financial sector can benefit greatly from quantum computing in terms of faster and more powerful solutions to mathematical problems. Marco mentions that financial institutions should prepare for the era of quantum computing by having a small group of people, a “quantum champion,” who can understand the limitations and opportunities of quantum computers.
Meet your instructor - Marco Palumbo
Innovation lead at Innovate UK
Marci is the Innovation Lead-Quantum Technologies at Innovate UK, part of UKRI (UK Research and Innovation) and is the Ex-Principal Licensing and Ventures Manager at Oxford University Innovation
He has also received a Ph.D. in Engineering at Durham University